This is our own unique take on a Sherline complete CNC lathe. Unlike the Sherline factory system we designed ours CNC lathe components exactly opposite of the Sherline factory design. As you can see from the pictures, in our Sherline complete CNC lathe we put the stepper motors on the left side for the X-axis and on the backside for the Y-axis, which is where Sherline should have put theirs. This way the the hand wheels are right where they need to be, on the right side for the X-axis and in front for the Y-axis so you can see what you are cutting without getting poked by the hand wheel.
Our Sherline complete CNC lathe comes complete with everything you need, including the lathe as shown in the pictures (Does not include the mounting board).
When you compare our price with Sherline’s price, you’ll notice that our price is only a little higher, but our kit is complete. You don’t need anything else with our kit, unlike Sherline’s kit, which you have to purchase the stepper motors, the driver interface boards, and the power supply.
Our Sherline Complete CNC Metric Version lathe includes:
- The lathe Components
- The lathe bed
- The headstock with pulley
- The motor with pulley, mounting bracket, and speed controller
- Cross Slide
- Powerfeed/CNC components are installed but include
- Leadscrews for both the X and Y axes (1 of each)
- Nema 23 stepper motors and mounting brackets (2 each)
- Driver interface boards and speed controllers (2 each) for Powerfeed
- 1 – 6 amp 12 volt power supply and “Y” connectors (2)
- Sherline adjustable zero 2″ hand wheels with metric graduations
- All necessary hardware
Please allow up to 14 days to custom manufacture the components for your kit.
To use our Sherline complete CNC lathe with CNC you must upgrade the driver boards to computer compatible driver boards by selecting the drop down option once you put this in you cart.